I missed the first day of the bloghop over at Falling for Fiction, Hookers and Hangers, but I still wanted to participate. The basic idea is that you post some hookers (the first lines of your MS chapters) and some hangers (the last lines of your chapters). Since I'm still working on my rewrite, I'll only post a couple. But this should be fun.
- The air was rancid with the stench of ale.
- A strange melody greeted the mercenary's ears as he shook himself awake.
- Crescent was rightly named, as the high white walls curled around the city in a half-circle.
- "Vvelwe-is jash yimn, ni shenra wjero pana ero. Rijn nania ykakimn, ni aesj swin tana maomo."
- Octras had never seen so many spices on one piece of meat; he wasn't sure what animal it had come from.
- A distant scream pierced his thoughts.
We'll stop there.
- He shook his head as he followed, wondering what in heaven or hells he had agreed to do.
- "Rest well, milady."
- Metal scraping stone, rhythmic hammering, and the great breath of giant bellows beat against his thoughts, and he forgot the hollow feeling in his chest.
- The man turned the corner and was gone, leaving Octras alone with his doubts.
- Cyreth traced the scar on his cheek, nudging Octras. "Ready?"
- He was not going to fail. Not again. Never again.
I'm excited to make the rounds and see what everyone else came up with! :)