The positive luckily continues to outweigh the negative in life, and things are slowly starting to fit together in a manageable way. Over six posts I intend to highlight some of the progress I've made, show you sneak-peeks, and share useful tips I've picked up along the way.
#3: Book illustrations
#5: Game Design
#6: Random Experiences
#6: I missed last week because I attended something called the Global Game Jam. We were given a theme (in this case, the sound of a heartbeat), and 48 hours to create a game. My husband and I came up with an RPG idea for a boy searching for pieces of his heart to impress a girl... After we teamed up with two programmers, the idea morphed into a platformer mixed with a rhythm game. (Ambitious goals for 48 hours, we now know.) It resulted in a bit of a mess, but I'm proud of my little boy and girl artwork and my little song for the game.
It's called Haunted Hearts, and while it may be glitchy (press R if you get stuck) the first level is playable here.
In other news, I have a list of things to share regarding my time away from the blog world. These are the things I've learned, in no particular order:
- Having a job at the library would be the greatest thing ever. I interviewed last week... Hopefully they like me.
- You can get pulled over by a cop just to be informed that your brake light on your passenger side is out.
- Even garbage can be used to create something beautiful.
- My Little Pony is actually a good show. So don't diss on Bronies.
- I really like Unagi... That is, eel. The texture of fish eggs is really interesting, too.
- Giving someone a hug does not make your bad choices go away. You have to take responsibility and accept the consequences, whatever they may be.
- Guns serve one primary purpose: to kill or maim living things. They cannot be compared to cars or birth control pills, because those serve another function.
- I have a hard time distinguishing a Melissa from a Michele. I always get those two names confused. :P
- Peanut butter is delicious on apples.
- Sometimes, happiness is not a choice. Say hello to all the depressives out there, and try to understand that there is something chemically wrong with their brain, not their soul.
- It's possible that when you tell someone you are in a writing group, they'll think you said 'riding group' as in riding horses. Haha.
- Twitter is awesome. But sometimes you need room for more than 140 characters.
TTFN, blog buddies. Enjoy the game! :)